Thursday 12 March 2015

Life Unplugged

 

I care a lot about our relationship with the internet; as the digital world spreads into more and more areas of our lives, my concern grows. I'm learning that while there are aspects of the digital world that bring me joy (hint: this blog is one of them) this year has seen me realise that I need to re-assess my relationship with the online world.

It's not been easy - especially for someone who leans more on the introverted side of the spectrum - but I've started to make an effort to push things back into balance, so I thought I'd share the things that were working out for me. As they say, sharing really is caring and I would love to hear your thoughts on this one.

Here are the habits I've been setting myself:

- I log out of apps on my phone
- I close idle tabs and programs on my laptop
- I turned my default new tab site to a blank page, rather than a distracting website
- I steer clear of technology in the hour or two before bed
- I have hobbies that involve being away from a screen (reading, baking and knitting - this girl knows how to party)

What do you guys think? Do you agree we need to be careful with our relationship towards technology, or am I going crazy? ;) Let me know in the comments!



 SHARE



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...