Wednesday 24 February 2016

RECIPE: Raw Cacao Nib Blondies



I have four requirements for my favourite recipes; they have to be easy, contain minimal ingredients, have a healthy twist and not make tons of washing up... And thankfully this ripe meets all my criteria.

This raw and vegan version of a blondie was adapted from this recipe from the blog Stonesoup... which is a great resource for fellow recipe purists, as each dish shared requires just five ingredients: a washing-up-loather's paradise. The original version was a little too minimal for my taste buds, so I simply scattered on the cacao nibs and boom, a new favourite was born!

Prepare for a good chuckle at how simple these are...



YOU WILL NEED


100g pitted dates (I used Medjool dates but the original didn't specify)
150g ground almonds
40g melted coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
A scattering of cacao nibs

15 mins to prep, 30 mins to cool
Makes around 9 blondies

STEP ONE

Put the dates into a bowl and pour over boiling water. Set aside and leave to soak for around 5-10 minutes.

STEP TWO

Place all the other ingredients (besides the cacao nibs) into a food processor and once the dates have soaked, drain them and add them too. Blend until it all comes together in a big paste (I found I ended up with one big lump). Check that the ingredients have properly combined, then place in a small dish like the one above.

STEP THREE

Pat the mixture until it is flat and about 0.75 cm thick, then sprinkle the cacao nibs on, pressing them gently too. Keep in the fridge, but allow 30 minutes for them to set.



I told you it was easy! If you do try these, I pretty much need to see them - tag me on Instagram or send me a Snapchat; both usernames are just byhermirror!

While we are here I wanted to take a moment to say thank you for your lovely response to last week's post. I wrote it the night before and woke up in a panic, wanting to delete it, but I am so glad I didn't. You folks are the coolest kids on the internets.

Will you be giving these a go? And are there any other recipes you think I need to see? Let a girl know!

 SHARE





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...